The time had come to revisit our 6H30 SRPP preamplifier as my brother needed a preamplifier between his PH3 RIAA and 6C33 single ended 15Watt. He had a few wishes for the new preamplifier:
1) operate in class A mode, be based on triode vacuum tubes and have good sound
2) the preamplifier should only have one input and one output
3) the volume should be controlled through a motorized Alps volume potentiometer
4) it should be possible to remote control the amplifier volume by an Apple infrared remote
5) the volume potentiometer should operate in a continuously jerk free mode
6) preferably use a modified power supply from our PH3 RIAA
the obviously choice for us was a MK II of our 6H30 SRPP preamplifier as we have been very pleased with it and it fulfill all my brothers requirements beautifully.
Click on the picture to enlarge it and read our comments and advice.